The affiliated companies and their employees who pass the licensing of the BFAA are required to comply with the Code of Ethics of the BFAA at all times.
Code of Ethics of the BFAA – Baltic Financial Advisors Association
- Act honestly and fairly and in an ethical manner when dealing with clients, prospective clients, employers, employees, colleagues and the society at large.
- Place the interests of clients and prospective clients above your own personal interests and the interests of your employer.
- Act with prudence and proper care, exercise independent judgement and decline to act in any matters where you do not have the necessary competence.
- Observe all applicable laws, rules, regulations and standards of professional conduct and do not knowingly make any misrepresentations or engage in any misconduct.
- Disclose any conflicts of interest.
- Protect and promote the integrity of your profession and the financial services industry.
- Strive to improve your competence and encourage others to do the same.
*Created by the BFAA Review Board and approved by the BFAA Management Board on Jan 17th, 2017.